- SAP Patch Day : SAP releases security patches on the second Tuesday every month. https://support.sap.com/securitynotes
- In System Recommendations, select system(s) to check & update and the time frame.
- System Recommendations identifies the relevant patches and SAP notes.
- The checked relevant SAP notes and patches are applied to the SAP system using the
corresponding implementation tools, e.g. SNOTE, SUM.
Advantages and Features of System Recommendations feature of SAP Solution manager are as below :
- Increased system security by applying up-to-date security relevant notes exactly tailored for the respective system.
- Provides a detailed recommendation based on the system release and already implemented SAP notes.
- Easy-to-use filter settings allow exact selection of system or solution.
The recommendations comprise the following notes categories:
- Security notes
- Performance relevant notes
- Legal change notes
- Correction notes / Patch notes (deactivated by default)
Features Include :
- Integration into Change Request Management (ChaRM) to directly create Requests for Change for the selected notes.
- Integration with Usage Procedure Logging (UPL) to distinguish between used and
- Integration into Change Impact Analysis to calculate the impact and testing scope.
- Goto Productive Client
- Run report BCALV_BDS_MAINTENANCE
- Select List Templates and check if any standard templates are available.
- If duplicate sap standard templates exists then
- Take backup of customer templates in transport requests.
- execute delete templates (Ureferenced, Temporary)
- Now in productive client run report BCALV_BDS_IMPORT_SAP_TEMPLATE.
- 1937247 – How to manage SAP standard templates
- 1686797 – ALV Excel: Signed SAP standard templates
- 1771260 – ALV view: Signed SAP standard template
- 696069 – No data when view Excel Inplace on ALV with Office XP/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016
- 316728 – ALV view: Importing SAP_OM.XLS + SAP_MM.XLS Excel templates
- 305900 – Standard SAP templates do not exist
- 548409 – ALV view: Consulting note for Excel Inplate/templates
Goto SE38 -> RSRFCCHK,
Enter RFC destinations names (use wildchars)
Description of Fields in above reports:
- RFC destinations: Either provide RFC names or use a wildchar.
- Connection Type: Choose from below available connection types.
- I Connection to Application Server with Same Database
- 3 Connection to ABAP System
- 2 Connection to R/2 System
- T Start External Program Using TCP/IP
- L Reference Entry (Refers to Other Destination)
- S Start External Program Using SNA or APPC
- X RFC Using Special ABAP Driver Routines
- M CMC Connection
- H HTTP Connection to ABAP System
- G HTTP Connection to External Server