- You can write multiple sql statements in the file and can call in db2 to run in script mode. These sql statements will then execute one by one.
- You can call commands/scripts using interactive mode from Command Line Processor (CLP) also to do this make sure you type ! before db2. “!” is used to run opertating system commands in interactive mode. Example.
- Else you can directly call the commands/scripts using non-interactive mode.
- If you are calling sql statements in unix which contains aestrix (*) please make sure you add double quotes to complete sql statement.
example : db2 "select * from employee"
- If you are calling sql statements in windows which contains less than or greater than sign, >,< then also add double quotes to complete the sql statement.
example : db2 "select * from employee where salary > 20000"
- You can run below script in both interactive and non-inetractive mode. Please notice I have used $ as line terminator character, you can use any special characters. Default line terminator is ;
-- script1.txt ------------------------------------- connect to sample$ create table test_table(id int)$ insert into test_table values (1),(2),(3),(4)$ select * from test_table$ update test_table set id=20 where id > 2$ select * from test_table$
- to run above script pass the line terminator character, in this it is $ so parmeter will be -td$, you can also do verbose mode with -v to see what is the script executing, and -f <abolute_path\file_name>. example
!db2 -td$ -v -f /sapcommon/script/script1.txt
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- In transactional processing db2 saves 28-34% of TCO as compared to competition
- In Analytical processing db2 saves 54-63% of TCO as compared to competition
- DB2 offers average 57 days faster deployment time than the competition
Faster Value to Time
- As we get faster time to deploy the project becomes live very soon and we get faster time to value
Need less FTE to work with db2. In general
- Manufacturing require 0.15 DB2 FTE as compared to 0.5 competition FTE
- Retail require 0.25 DB2 FTE as compared to 0.75 competition FTE
- Financial services require 0.5 FTE as compared to 1.25 copetition FTE
Higher compression rate
This save a lot of money on the storage cost.
- On average db2 compression rate is of 12.6x
- Whereas competition has an average of 7.3x
Moving to DB2 is easy
- PL/Sql native support is present for DB2
- Existing db skills work with db2 as well.