- You can write multiple sql statements in the file and can call in db2 to run in script mode. These sql statements will then execute one by one.
- You can call commands/scripts using interactive mode from Command Line Processor (CLP) also to do this make sure you type ! before db2. “!” is used to run opertating system commands in interactive mode. Example.
- Else you can directly call the commands/scripts using non-interactive mode.
- If you are calling sql statements in unix which contains aestrix (*) please make sure you add double quotes to complete sql statement.
example : db2 "select * from employee"
- If you are calling sql statements in windows which contains less than or greater than sign, >,< then also add double quotes to complete the sql statement.
example : db2 "select * from employee where salary > 20000"
- You can run below script in both interactive and non-inetractive mode. Please notice I have used $ as line terminator character, you can use any special characters. Default line terminator is ;
-- script1.txt ------------------------------------- connect to sample$ create table test_table(id int)$ insert into test_table values (1),(2),(3),(4)$ select * from test_table$ update test_table set id=20 where id > 2$ select * from test_table$
- to run above script pass the line terminator character, in this it is $ so parmeter will be -td$, you can also do verbose mode with -v to see what is the script executing, and -f <abolute_path\file_name>. example
!db2 -td$ -v -f /sapcommon/script/script1.txt
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- In transactional processing db2 saves 28-34% of TCO as compared to competition
- In Analytical processing db2 saves 54-63% of TCO as compared to competition
- DB2 offers average 57 days faster deployment time than the competition
Faster Value to Time
- As we get faster time to deploy the project becomes live very soon and we get faster time to value
Need less FTE to work with db2. In general
- Manufacturing require 0.15 DB2 FTE as compared to 0.5 competition FTE
- Retail require 0.25 DB2 FTE as compared to 0.75 competition FTE
- Financial services require 0.5 FTE as compared to 1.25 copetition FTE
Higher compression rate
This save a lot of money on the storage cost.
- On average db2 compression rate is of 12.6x
- Whereas competition has an average of 7.3x
Moving to DB2 is easy
- PL/Sql native support is present for DB2
- Existing db skills work with db2 as well.
You can get emails from other Email ID’s in our GMAIL inbox. To do this follow below steps :-
1. Click on settings icon on your inbox.
2. choose Accounts and Import Tab, and in Check mail from other accounts section select Add a mail account.
3. Type your email id and click next.
4. Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click next.
Link of Gmailify
5. Provide POP Server name and Port, you can also provide external POP Server Name of your email service provider.
- Enter the mail settings for praxxxxxxxxxxgmail.com. Learn more
- Leave a copy of retrieved message in the server. Learn More
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail. Learn more
6. You can use the mentioned POP and SMTP servers of google. If you are using other google email id’s else please select Other.
7. Below ports are only allowed
- What is POP and SMTP?
- What are standard ports?
- How to send reply in gmail using other email id?
Following Vistex V/4 1709 solutions are available
- SAP Incentive Administration for S/4HANA by Vistex (IA) helps manage, track, and analyze your incentive programs
- SAP Paybacks and Chargebacks for S/4HANA by Vistex (PAC) provides End-to-end management of agreements, contracts and pricing for all your claim processes – from initiation to validation, settlement and analysis
- SAP Data Maintenance – Pricing for S/4HANA by Vistex (DMP) manages complex pricing challenges with ease and reliability – covering everything from agreement initiation to analytics for buy- and sell-side pricing
- SAP Data Maintenance – Resources for S/4HANA by Vistex (DMR) streamlines the maintenance of material, customer, and vendor master data
The components V4CORE and V4VUI are common to all licensed software solutions.
The other software components, V4IA (Incentive Administration), V4PAC (Paybacks and Chargebacks), V4DMP (Data Maintenance-Pricing) and V4DMR (Data Maintenance-Resources), are used according to the customer’s license agreement.
2. Minimum required SAP software components
The following minimums are required for running the Vistex V/4 1709 solution.
- SAP S/4HANA OP version 1709 system
- SPAM/SAINT update patch level 64
- A separate SAP Front-end Server based on NW 7.52 SP00 level (required for running Fiori apps on central HUB deployment scenario only)
3. Preparation for installing the V/4 1709 solutions
- Import the SPAM/SAINT update patch 64 or higher : Make sure that you have imported the SPAM/SAINT update patch level 64 or higher into your system. If the SAP Service Marketplace contains a newer version, carry out the new SPAM/SAINT update.
- Import the latest R3trans and tp : Make sure that you have imported the latest R3trans and tp version into your system.
- Notes that you should obtain before the installation : Add-ons: General conditions: 70228
- Download the required V/4 1709 Add-ons : Please refer the section 2. The V/4 1709 Solution Overview which explains how to identify the required V/4 1709 add-ons for your installation as per licensed from SAP or Vistex. The solution add-ons will be available for download in the software download center.
4. Executing the V/4 1709 installation
Unpack each downloaded Vistex V/4 1709 add-on installation packages onto SAP transport directory if needed
Log on as user
<sid>adm on UNIX <SID>OFR on AS/400 <SID>adm on Windows
-Switch to the <DIR_EPS_ROOT> directory of your SAP S/4 system (usually /usr/sap/trans/EPS). The <DIR_EPS_ROOT> directory is displayed after you execute the RSPFPAR report with input value of the profile parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT.
-Switch to the higher-level <DIR_EPS_ROOT> directory.
-Unpack the SAR archive files using the following statement:
SAPCAR –xvf <downloaded package SAR file with full path>
The extracted PAT files should now be in the <DIR_EPS_ROOT>/IN directory, Please refer the section 2. The V/4 1709 Solutions Overview for PAT file name archived in the respective Package SAR file.
No password is required for V/4 1709 add-ons installation
Proceed to install the Vistex V/4 Add-ons in SUM along with the SAP components
– If you use HUB Deployment for front-end component V4VUI, do not install the V4VUI 1709 add-on on the S/4 HANA 1709 OP system.
Any known issues are documented in section 6. Problems importing the Add-ons. If any other issue occurs, open an incident with SAP Support using component BC-UPG-ADDON.
5. Problems importing the Add-ons
There are currently no known issues when installing the V/4 1709 Add-ons.
If an issue occurs, open an incident with SAP Support using component BC-UPG-ADDON.
6. Post Processing after importing the Add-on
Implement the following mandatory notes
The following notes must be applied to the system using SNOTE.
Many notes have manual corrections too.
If any of the notes do not apply cleanly (red icon), please do not continue and open a customer incident using component XX-PART-IPS for IA and PAC and XX-PART-DTM for DMP and DMR.
2638543 V4 1709 – V4CORE Collective Note 1
2642113 V4 1709 – V4CORE Collective Note 2
2642134 V4 1709 – V4CORE Collective Note 3
2642542 V4 1709 – V4CORE Collective Note 4
2643081 V4 1709 – V4CORE Collective Note 5
7. After the V/4 1709 solutions installation
- Implementation Guide
- The Implementation Guide documentation is available online in transaction /IRM/IPSPRO for IA and PAC, in /IRM/GPRSPRO for DMP, and in /IRM/EPSPRO for DMR.
- Product Support
- Support for the Incentive and Payback software and the Data Maintenance software is available through the SAP support channel;
- enter a customer incident using component XX-PART-IPS for IA and PAC and XX-PART-DTM for DMP and DMR.
- Help Documentation
- Help documentation is available online at vistex.com/help
- SAP Patch Day : SAP releases security patches on the second Tuesday every month. https://support.sap.com/securitynotes
- In System Recommendations, select system(s) to check & update and the time frame.
- System Recommendations identifies the relevant patches and SAP notes.
- The checked relevant SAP notes and patches are applied to the SAP system using the
corresponding implementation tools, e.g. SNOTE, SUM.
To keep the SAP systems up-todate and secure, various types of and patches needs to be applied regularly upon release. There are various ways to get these kinds of updates.
- You can set up filters and notifications function in SAP Support Portal to be informed about the new notes: https://support.sap.com/notes OR
- (Recommended) You can use System Recommendations function in SAP Solution Manager to check all relevant notes and patches for the selected systems and easily keep all of your systems up-to-date.
There can be various types of updates needed for an SAP System. For example :
- Security notes : Advice from SAP experts regarding important actions and patches to ensure the security of your systems: https://support.sap.com/securitynotes
- Performance relevant notes : SAP notes containing information and corrections for performance improvement of SAP systems.
- Java patches : A patch is a code correction for a specific version of an SAP product.
- Legal Change notes : Respond to requirements caused by changes in legal regulation.
- HotNews : SAP customer notes with priority 1 (very high priority) to resolve or avoid problems that can cause the SAP system to shut down or lose data.
- General SAP notes : https://support.sap.com/notes
Advantages and Features of System Recommendations feature of SAP Solution manager are as below :
- Increased system security by applying up-to-date security relevant notes exactly tailored for the respective system.
- Provides a detailed recommendation based on the system release and already implemented SAP notes.
- Easy-to-use filter settings allow exact selection of system or solution.
The recommendations comprise the following notes categories:
- Security notes
- Performance relevant notes
- Legal change notes
- Correction notes / Patch notes (deactivated by default)
Features Include :
- Integration into Change Request Management (ChaRM) to directly create Requests for Change for the selected notes.
- Integration with Usage Procedure Logging (UPL) to distinguish between used and
- Integration into Change Impact Analysis to calculate the impact and testing scope.
To add or change your mobile phone setting, go to this link in SAP ONE Support Launchpad –> https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/user/profile or by selecting the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner next to your user name.
Here you can select Edit Header to add or edit your phone number 1 and phone number 2. By default, SMS notifications are sent to the phone number ‘Phone 2’.
To enable SMS Notifications for SMS Notifications for SAP ONE Support Launchpad, go to this link –> https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notification/manage
By default, SAP ONE Support Launchpad users will NOT have SMS enabled and will have to opt-in to have text messages sent for each type of notification.
To change your mobile phone number, refer this link
- Goto Productive Client
- Run report BCALV_BDS_MAINTENANCE
- Select List Templates and check if any standard templates are available.
- If duplicate sap standard templates exists then
- Take backup of customer templates in transport requests.
- execute delete templates (Ureferenced, Temporary)
- Now in productive client run report BCALV_BDS_IMPORT_SAP_TEMPLATE.
- 1937247 – How to manage SAP standard templates
- 1686797 – ALV Excel: Signed SAP standard templates
- 1771260 – ALV view: Signed SAP standard template
- 696069 – No data when view Excel Inplace on ALV with Office XP/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016
- 316728 – ALV view: Importing SAP_OM.XLS + SAP_MM.XLS Excel templates
- 305900 – Standard SAP templates do not exist
- 548409 – ALV view: Consulting note for Excel Inplate/templates